Goodbye Sydney!

by Isa Rosso


Fair winds to us!

We left port yesterday morning, 10AM Sydney time. With visible excitement on our faces, we all gathered at the bow, and enjoyed the beautiful view of the harbour. We're steaming towards our first destination, where we will test the CTD equipment and sampling procedure. 


Opera House and Harbour Bridge on the background 
It has been a really good week, and, despite a small hiccup with an instrument, the preparation went smoothly, without building any delay. Few scientists from different institutions came during the port call, to install equipments, train students, or prepare the floats that we'll deploy (I'll talk about this later in the blog). I knew most of the scientists from my previous cruises, and it's been great to catch up with them!! 




I will be on the night shift (12AM to 12PM): as always, it will take some time for me to settle.. ;-)

View of the cliffs and downtown Sydney




Comments

  1. Hi Isa, best of luck, I look forward to following the blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts